Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible for enforcing food service safety and sanitation regulations per Washington Administrative Code 246-215 and WSU Policy on WSU property in Whitman County to prevent foodborne illnesses from occurring. Outside of Whitman County, local health departments are responsible for enforcing food safety and sanitation regulations.
EH&S performs the following services in Whitman County:
- Issues Temporary Food Event permits to WSU students and departments for events at WSU facilities
- Routinely inspects food service establishments and food events.
- Investigates complaints and suspected foodborne illnesses.
- Provides training and consultation as needed.
- Reviews plans and specifications for new and remodeled food service facilities.
- Notifies WSU establishments of new regulations, food recalls, and other pertinent information.
- Assists the Whitman County Health Department in issuing operating permits for food establishments.
Food events at wsu facilities in whitman county
If you want to have a food event please refer to the following information. Please note that Temporary Food Event Applications must be submitted to EH&S no later than 14 calendar day prior to the event per Washington State Department of Health regulations.
- Food Worker (handler) Cards
- Whitman County Health Department
- Washington State Food Safety Program
- Department of Health Food Workers Manual
- Recalls and Safety Alerts in Washington State
- Food Safety Cooperative Extension Service
In Whitman County during regular working hours contact:
Jason Sampson, 509-335-9564, firstname.lastname@example.org
For facility emergencies such as lack of water, power outage, sewage backup, etc. contact:
Facilities Services Dispatch, 509-335-9000