Washington State University

Sewage Spills

Please contact Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) as soon as possible whenever a sewage spill greater than several gallons occurs. Telephone (509) 335-3041 during business hours and 911 at other times.

Notify EH&S immediately if the spill:

  • Is in a food service or food preparation area.
  • Is in any public area where there is a potential for human exposure.
  • May enter or flow into surface waters (streams, ponds, lakes, wetlands) or storm drains.


Safety Policies and Procedure Manual: Sewage Spills and Cleanup