What is Nanotechnology?
Nanotechnology is the way discoveries made at the nanoscale are applied. At the nanoscale, objects behave quite differently from those at larger scales. Manipulation of nanoscale materials allows researchers to explore their unique properties and create new useful nanomaterials.
At Washington State University, researchers are recognized nationally for their work in electronic, photonic, and bionic applications of nanomaterials.
- National Nanotechnology Initiative
- WA State Labor & Industry (L&I) – Nanotechnology
- L&I – Nanotechnology Powerpoint Slide Show
- NIOSH – Progress Toward Safe Nanotechnology in the Workplace (2007)
- Nanotechnology at NIOSH (2004)
- Royal Academy of Engineering (UK, 2004)
- American Chemical Society – Nanotechnology Safety Resources
- GoodNanoGuide – Training Resources