Call EH&S 335-3041 to request the following training courses unless otherwise noted below:
- Heat Stress: this training teaches you to recognize potential heat stress syndromes and tips to avoid heat stress.
- Respiratory Protection: Employees are trained how to properly use a respirator to protect them during job duties with inhalation hazards.
- Accident Prevention Program Review: EH&S staff assist departments in developing and evaluating departmental accident prevention programs and policies.
- Lockout/Tag Out Program: EH&S staff assist departments in developing procedures and training employees to control hazardous energy during maintenance and repair activities.
- Safety Committees: EH&S staff assist units in establishing safety committees.
- Supervisor as Safety Manager
This supervisory training course focuses on the new employee safety checklist, the Supervisors’ Safety Manual, WSU’s Accident Prevention Program and the supervisor’s roles in performing inspections and reporting and investigating accidents. This class is part of the Supervisory Training series and is a requirement for entry level supervisors.
- Inspections: EH&S staff conduct inspections of work conditions and practices.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): EH&S staff assist departments in conducting hazard assessments, selecting PPE and training employees.
- Ergonomics: Employees who have concerns about ergonomics can receive training on how to prevent injuries. Contact EH&S for an instructor led training or use ErgoSmart which is a self-paced, interactive and easy-to-use software training tool that teaches employees how to work comfortably with their computers. It is licensed to the WSU Pullman campus only. It requires logging in with an administrative account to install on a computer.
Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
Medic First Aid BasicPlus is a combined adult CPR, AED and first aid training program that meets OSHA and Division of Occupational Safety and Health/Labor and Industries requirements for training employees how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work. Course length is 4 hours, certification is valid for 2 years. Call EH&S at 335-3041 or email email@example.com for more information or for class schedule.
Hazardous Materials / Wastes
- Asbestos Awareness for Custodial Personnel
This course meets the Washington Department of Labor and Industries requirements for awareness training for custodial personnel who perform work that may involve contact with but not disturbance of asbestos-containing materials (ACM). Topics include forms of asbestos in buildings, health effects of asbestos, potential locations of ACM, recognizing deteriorating or damaged ACM, reporting releases, and minimizing exposures through work practices, signs and labels, and personal protective equipment. This course is required upon initial employment and annually thereafter.
- Asbestos Awareness for Construction and Maintenance Personnel
This course meets the Washington Department of Labor and Industries requirements for awareness training for construction and maintenance personnel whose work may involve contact with and potential disturbance of asbestos-containing materials (ACM). Topics include forms of asbestos in buildings, health effects of asbestos, potential locations of ACM, recognizing deteriorating or damaged ACM, reporting releases, and minimizing exposures through work practices, signs and labels, and personal protective equipment. This course is required upon initial employment and annually thereafter.
- Lead Awareness: training about hazards from lead based paint and other lead containing materials and methods to reduce your lead exposure.
- Chemical Spill Management: specific information about cleaning up small, and relatively non-toxic spills and releases of hazardous chemicals in the laboratory environment. Directions for notification of the WSU emergency response system, and information about how chemical spill emergency responders work.
- Bloodborne Pathogens: EH&S staff conduct bloodborne pathogen training for those employees who may have an occupational exposure to human blood or other bodily fluids
- Oil Handler Annual Refresher Training : Oil handlers must have annual refresher training. NOTE: Click on the link below to take your training.Oil Handler Annual Refresher Training
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- There are web links, factsheets, posters, and instructor -led training upon request available on the EHS Stormwater web page.
- Bird & Bat Dropping Hazards
- Food Sanitation