Responsibilities for the Safety and Health of Students and Employees
FACULTY and STAFF have a significant role in enhancing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment at WSU.
- Be familiar with campus environmental health and safety policies, and programs that address potential hazards.
- Inform and train students and employees on safety procedures.
- Identify and correct hazards.
- Ensure students and employees wear proper personal protective equipment when needed.
- Inform students and employees of the location and operation of emergency equipment (deluge showers, eyewashes).
- Instruct students and employees to report all accidents and injuries to their instructors, teaching assistants, or supervisors. For serious injuries, call 911.
- Promptly investigate and report all accidents involving students or employees using the Incident Report Form.
- When questions or concerns arise, call the appropriate university department for assistance.
Links for Faculty and Staff
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Safety and Policies
- Health and Wellness
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Campus Involvement (Student Events)
- Biological Safety
- International Programs(Education Abroad)
- Radiation Safety
- Facilities Operations
- Safety Policies and Procedures Manual