Washington State Law
Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 296-62-07722
“Employee Information and Training”
(6) “The employer must also provide … an asbestos awareness training course to all employees … who work in buildings containing asbestos-containing materials, which must, at a minimum, contain the following elements:
- Health effects of asbestos,
- Locations of ACM and PACM in the building/facility,
- Recognition of ACM and PACM damage and deterioration,
- Requirements in this standard relating to housekeeping, and
- Proper response to fiber release episodes.
- Each such employee must be so trained at least once a year.”
Note: The Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) enforces these WACs.