Environmental Health & Safety
Student Safety and Health
Information for Students
STUDENTS have an important role in enhancing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment at WSU.
Your Responsibilities for Safety and Health
To assure your safety while attending classes and working at WSU you should:
- Follow environmental health and safety procedures given by the instructor or by your supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (i.e. closed-toe shoes, gloves, safety goggles).
- Report hazards (i.e. frayed electrical cord) to instructors, supervisors, or the appropriate campus department.
- Know first aid procedures; how to obtain treatment, location of first aid kits, and operation of emergency equipment (i.e. deluge showers, eyewashes, fire alarms).
- Report all accidents and injuries to instructors or supervisors. Seek medical treatment when needed. For serious injuries, call 911.
- When questions or concerns arise, ask your instructor or supervisor, or call the appropriate university department for additional assistance.
We want you to be safe and healthy while at WSU. Please contact us if you think we can be of any assistance in making this happen.
Links for Students