WSU's Laboratory Safety Program strives to minimize the risk of injury or illness to laboratory workers by assisting Principal Investigators and laboratory managers with developing a laboratory specific comprehensive safety program.
This comprehensive safety program involves laboratories:
- Developing and implementing a Laboratory Safety Manual,
- Developing and implementng an Accident Prevention Program,
- Developing and implementing other applicable safety and health programs,
- Participating in the Laboratory Signage Program,
- The systematic evaluation of engineering controls, and
- Adherence to recommended prudent practices in laboratories
Current Topics of Interest
- Five Laboratory Safety Focus Areas for 2016
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Laboratory Inspection Sample Checklist
A number of resources are available to assist you in implementing and supplementing your laboratory safety program.
Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) provides consultation and information services for laboratories. For further information or assistance contact EH&S at 335-3041.